16 November 2009

may be getting it . . .

Found this on a notice board at UNB on the weekend.



Had the seasonal flu shot this past Friday . . .

I've had big, sore, muscle aches in back, neck and legs for days. It's been stressful working under a grant applic revision deadline while trying to read course materials, write papers, and prepare a presentation.

But this afternoon things slipped sideways and felt a little weird: my first finger, right hand, went numb-cold-almost asleep; then the numbness spread to fingers on both hands; my forehead got warm and the warmth spread to my ears and face—they're still hot and I was feeling waves of goosebumps on my arms and legs; my ears feel a little poppy; but I don't have a sore throat or cough and my fingers seem to have returned to almost normal.

Anyway, to be safe, I cancelled my attending a meeting tonight. Have had a herbal tea. Have other liquids at the ready, bedside, along with phone, cellphone and the notebook this was written on. We'll see how I feel in the morning . . .

No comments: