24 July 2007

from Ambasada Kanade (Sarajevo)

I've just received a letter and photo from David Hutchings, Canadian Ambassador to Bosnia and Herzegovina.

He was writing to offer his thanks to me "for the contribution of Broken Jaw Press to the project of re-stocking the National and University Library of Sarajevo. The donation of these books is a grecious gift which will greatly benefif the students and other who utilise the facilities of the NUL."

Nice! Sarajevo only 16 km for the university faculty where I taught in Pale last autumn. I can identify several of the books I donated including Jo-Anne Elder's Postcards from Ex-Lovers, Robin Peck's Sculpture: A Journey to the Circumference of the Earth, my River Suite, and one of the editions of my Casemate Poems.

shirt: button-up grren w/ yellow threads
loc: fredhotbox
temp: 24 C
sound: NOFX Wolves in Wolves's Clothing

No comments: