11 April 2008

APB receives Barry Award!

After catching the metalsmith-jewellers opening at NBCCD Gallery I went over to Wilser's [Tap]Room. Couldn't be at Chris Giles' presentation at the UNB Art Center also at 7 pm. Had told the E.D. earlier that I'd not likely make it to the 7 pm EDT confrence call meeting because I was shortlisted for an award and had been asked to be at the presentation. There's more than just good beer at the [Tap]room.

Sadly, many of the award recipients were not there. But Tristis Ward, until recently the Station Manager, was there, and she received the Carmen Kilburn Memorial Award—which was really great!

And I was presented with one: a Barry Award. Just says "Spoken", not "Spoken Word" or "Favourite Spoken Word" . . . but, hey, it's a great thing to receive! Thanks everyone! It's already hanging on one of my walls.

T: NB Fillmakers' Co-op 1979-1994
loc: Frimornagain
temp: 5 C
sound: Red Hot Chili Peppers Blood Sugar Sex Magik

2 comments:

Eric said...

Grats, Joe! Yeah, I couldn't attend because I watch the kids when the wife goes to class (which is at 7pm on Thursdays).

This is Eric of 27, by the way :)

Simply Kel said...

Congrats, Joe! Good stuff!