Howlin' full moon Canadian election night . . . I wanted something grounded, local . . . something to hear, to listen to, and to think about. I dug out my recording of the 2007 Christina Sabat Memorial Lecture by New Brunswick artist-craftsperson Peter Powning.
After that I read a spew of arts and writing/reading notices:
● UNB Writer-in-Residence Gerard Beirne is available for student and general public writing consultations: Tues & Thurs, 11 am to 1 pm, Rm 242 Carleton Hall, UNB Fredericton, ph 452-6356, email email@example.com
● 16 Oct, Thursday, 8 pm reading from Asylum by novelist André Alexis, Memorial Hall, UNB Arts Centre, 9 Bailey Dr, Fredericton.
● 16 Oct, Thursday: noon Artist talk; 4:30 opening reception for BEYOND WORDS exhibition by 19 NB artists incl George Fry, Peter Powning, Suzanne Hill, Kathy & Sue Hooper, Peter Thomas, Brigitte Clavette, Linda Brine, et al, NBCCD Gallery, Queen St, Fredericton.
● 18 Oct, Saturday, 24 Hour Comics Day 2008. In F'ton, contact Jason or Derek @ Strange Adventures 450-3759.
● 18 Oct, Saturday, 5-7 pm: Exhibition openings at the Beaverbrook Art Gallery, 703 Queen St, Fredericton.
● 18 Oct, Saturday, 8 pm: Reading by D.Y. Béchard and Mark Anthony Jarman, Alumni Memorial Lounge, UNB Fredericton, 13 Bailey Dr, Fredericton.
● 22 Oct, Wednesday, 6 pm: Gallery ConneXion AGM to be held @ Doodles Café, basement of Charlotte Street Arts Centre, 732 Charlotte St, Fredericton. Ph 454-1433.
"He Sings" by Fortner Anderson + tape/head.
"Rainbow Mewsik" by bill bissett.
"À Moncton" par Gérald LeBlanc, Fayo.
shirt: black & purple striped dress shirt
temp: 11 C
sound: The Rocky Horror Picture Show